In this article, you will know who is eligible for PM Kisan Yojana. But before diving into our topic, let’s learn about PM Kisan Scheme.
PM Kisan Scheme, one of India’s most important schemes, is also known as Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. It was launched on December 1, 2018. It’s proving to be a blessing to farmers.
The PM-Kisan Yojana is a minimum income support scheme that provides Rs 6,000 per annum to marginal and small farmers. This 75,000-crore scheme will cover 125 million farmers in India, regardless of how large their landholdings are.
According to scheme guidelines, this scheme will allow the State Government and UT administration to identify eligible farmer families. Beneficiaries will receive the funds directly to their bank accounts.
Who is Eligible for PM Samman Nidhi Yojana?
This scheme is open to all eligible landholding farmer families. The following points also list the eligible farmers:
- This scheme is for cultivable landholding families.
- Farmers in urban and rural areas.
- Families of marginal and small farmers.
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana
December 1, 2018
Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi
The central government of India
The benefit of the PM Kisan Scheme
Provide financial assistance of 6000 Rs per annum
Small and Marginal farmers of India
Direct Bank Transfer (DBT)
pmkisan.gov.in or pmkisan.nic.in
Who is not eligible?
This scheme is not available to tax-paying citizens, professionals like engineers, doctors, lawyers, and institutional landholders. This scheme is not available to families with constitutional posts and retired persons who have a pension of more than Rs 10,000 per month.
- New Farmer Online Registration Process for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
- Process for Checking PM Kisan 9th Instalments beneficiary Status Online.
- PM Kisan Aadhaar links Process & Check Online Status.
How to Apply
In this section, you will learn how to apply for PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana Scheme online.
If you are not able to apply it online, then you can do it through another mode.
All the farmers who want to apply for PM Kisan should reach the local revenue officer (patwari) or any other nodal officer designated by the state government.
Farmers can also communicate the Common Service Centres (CSCs) authorized to register the Samman Nidhi scheme.
Note: For registration, essential details such as Name, Age, Gender and Category (SC/ST), Aadhaar number or other documents are required.
Now let’s see how to apply online.
1. Go to the official website of PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
2. Navigate the “Farmers Corner” on the right-hand side of the home page.
3. Under Farmers Corner, you have to select “New Farmer Registration“.
4. After click on it, new farmer registration will open, where you have to fill few information such as Aadhar number, state.
5. Once you will fill required information, Click search.
6. Now, fill in all the information and upload the required documents and hit submit button. Your PM Kisan registration process has been completed.
After applying for PM Kisan, might be you want to check your name in the PM Kisan beneficiary list?
You can read our this article for How to check online Recipient Name in PM Kisan Beneficiary list.